Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh happy days

Hi again,
So not much has happened recently, but I'm having a really good day and thought I would treat you all to a another lovely post from meee! They changed my malaria meds and I am totally puke free for an entire day. Today we did a community assessment at a local HIV/AIDS NGO, which was confusing and consisted of a lot of Framanankan (French and Bambara - which in Bambara is Bamanankan), of which I could understand a full 30%. We have the day off tomorrow (thank goodness!), so I can get a lof of laundry and sleep time in before the trek out to my site.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the comments and emails that I have been getting! - It is really amazing to read your thoughts and get all of your support, especially when things get frustrating over here.

That's all for now, tomorrow, if the internet is faster, I may try to post some pictures, since I know that is severely lacking at the moment.

Qu'an ben soni (Talk to you soon)!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Hey punkin!! Glad to see you're havin a good time in Mali.. do miss you stateside tho.. Been trying to call you for the last week or so, but havent been able to get through so far :/ Nehoo, look forward to talking to you! Will try again today at 8:30 ur time.

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord, Sarah, I don't read your blog for a few weeks and you contract every disease known (and unknown) to man! I hope your puke free streak has continued, and it's really really awesome that you've picked up so much Bambara in such little time!

    Aside: a friend asked me to go to Hopleaf, and I thought of you. And cheesy scrambled eggs =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So was the problem with the meds themselves (eg an allergy)? Or did the new meds simply work better in treating the blasto and other stuff? In any case, it's great to hear you're better. Hope things stay that way!

    ReplyDelete